성인남성에서 과체중과 비만에 영향을 미치는 요인
- Issued Date
- This study was investigated dietary habits and exercise habits in order to guide a right health management(weight loss) for males who wish to treat overweight and obesity. This study is based on the survey which was conducted from January 2011 to September 2012. And they are adult males tried to lose weight throught herbal therapy over the age of 20 in Gwangju and Jeolla area. The research subjects were 100, both overweight and obesity.
The results of this study were summarized as follows;
1. Regarding the age of the research, 30~49 accounted for the 81%. In terms of the average physical conditions, height was 172cm, weight was 86kg and waist measure was 34.5inch, BMI was 29.41(obesity step 1). As for their educational background, 77% were graduates from collage or graduate school. Regarding their jobs office/engineering made up 45%, which wat the most, which was followed service/sales, and professional management.
2. In regard to life habits of the subjects, 65% of them responded that they were irregular relatively. And extroverted personality was their 60%. Regarding the amount of time they spent watching TV and using the Internet, over 3 hours accounted for 65%. As for the amount of hours to sleep a day, 52% of the subjects answered they slept for 6-7 hours. As a result of investigating stress, about 99% of the subjects showed that they had stress.
3. As a result of investigating eating habits of the subjects, 65% of them replied that they had eaten irregular. The answer of midnight snack 2-3 times a week took up 61%, which was the highest. Regarding the most favorite food by the subjects, meat was the highest percentage by 42%, which was followed by vegetables(19%), fish(12%), and fried(12%). The answer of drinking 2-3 times a week took up 40%, which was the highest. In regard to the amount that they drank once, about 1-2 bottles accounted for 46%, which was the highest. Why drinking was that it was found to be in order to occupational dinner and entertainment(43%), relieve stress(28%), socializing(24%).
4. As a result of investigating exercise habits of the subject, 32% of them replied that they regularly exercised. As for the type of exercising, it was found to be in the order of health club(34.4%), jogging(21.9%), golf(21.9%). As a result of researching both reasons why they exercised and didn't, regarding the reasons for exercising, to manage physical strength and health was 57.7%, while the reasons for not exercising were tiresome(58.9%), lack of time(23.5%), and it doesn't need(13.2%).
5. As the reason for the attempts to diet, 66% of them replied that it is health care. Which was followed by weight control(appearance and shape change)(24%). Main attempts to diet was exercising and eating-habits control, which was the highest by 76%.
Through this study, influence factors for obesity and overweight in adult males were as follows;
1) life habits: irregular life, secretary-oriented profession, lack of sleep, stress.
2) eating habits: irregular meal times, frequent midnight snack, prefer meat,
3) exercise habits: lack of exercise, laziness, lack of time.
It is considered that education of desirable dietary habits(the type of taking food) and exercise habits(regular and proper exercise) for adult males must be conducted.
- Authorize & License
- Files in This Item:
Items in Repository are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.