전립선 암환자의 보완대체요법이용경험과 태도
- Issued Date
Experiences and Attitudes of Prostate
Cancer Patients Toward Complementary
and Alternative Medicine
Advisor: Prof. Park, Sang-hag, M.D.
Department of Alternative. Medicine.
Graduate School of Health Science
There is an increasing number of prostate cancer patients due to aging society and changes in eating habits.
For my study, this being diagnosed with prostate cancer receiving treatment in patients with complementary and alternative therapies for their experience and attitudes to identify and determine the actual conditions to meet the needs of prostate cancer care to provide a basis for the present study was attempted.
The method of this study was descriptive research of the experiences and the attitudes of prostate cancer patients toward complementary and alternative therapies. The research subjects were 100 prostate cancer outpatients at a general hospital in City G.
The study used a modified questionnaire constructed by Wang, soon (2007) asking the patients' experiences with alternative therapies. The questionnaire regarding the patients' attitudes toward complementary therapies was developed by Son Hang Mi (2002) and Kim Soon Hee(2003).
For data analysis, the SPSS 18.0 program was used. Analysis of frequency analysis methods, multiple responses analysis, a number of cross-analysis (Pearson's Shroff and Fisher's exact test), one-way ANOVA analysis of variance was performed according to general characteristics analysis of complementary and alternative therapies use complementary therapies category the frequency distribution of multiple responses to the survey were analyzed and expressed as a percentage, When to start complementary and alternative therapy use, the average amount of time and analysis was conducted using.
Below are the results of this study:
1. Demographics ;Fifty four percent of the subjects were in their seventies. Thirty five percent were middle school graduates and Thirty six percent were high school graduates. As for religion, Thirty five spot four percent had no religion. Eighty six percent were married; Seventy six percent were living with a spouse ; and Seventy eight percent of spouses were caregivers.; Fifty eight percent were jobless; Thirty percent had a monthly income of 500,000-2,000,000 won Forty two percent had a average monthly household income of 500,000- 1,000,000 won Fifty eighty percent quitted smoking and Forty two percent quitted drinking. Thirty five percent had no initial symtoms at health screenings. Seventy three percent eat meat regularly.
2. Regarding the patients' treatment of the disease, Forty one percent of them had been receiving treatment for 2∼3 months since the diagnosis. Sixty nine percent of those in treatment were at the stage of hormone therapy.
3. Sixty eight percent of the patients in the study had received complementary and alternative therapies at least one. Fifty four percent of the patients in their seventies continuously received alternative therapies. Reasons for not receiving any alternative therapy 'were no scientific evidence on its effects', 'cost in effectiveness, and personal preference'.
4. Out of sixty eight percent of the subjects who experienced a complementary or alternative therapy, Ninety five spot five percent received dietary treatments. followed by health food in take(85.2%), Western therapy(52.9),mind/body therapy(26.4%), oriental therapy(25%), manipulative and body-based method (22%), and water therapy (2.94%).
5. As for the ages at which received alternative therapies, there was a similarity between the subjects in their seventies and the subjects in their sixties. when asked about the cost of complementary and alternative therapies, Forty three points five percent of ages > 60 answered "too costly a burdensome", and Forty one points two percent of>70 answered "appropriate" and Forty five points five percent of> 80 answered "not burdensome". sixty five point two percent of>60 of age responded that they themselves pay for the cost of therapies, where as other family members are responsible to pay for 60.6%and 63.6% of the patients ages> 70 and> 80 respectively.
6. While there were various motivations in using complementary and alternative therapies, Fifty five percent responded help in curing the disease. As for the effectiveness of complementary and alternative therapies, "Psychological / mental comfort'' was the most common answer with 32.4%, followed by 26.5% of "do not know". Fifty nine point seven percent responded "never had any oppertunity" and 27.4% responded "because the staff did not see the need to discuss" for the reasons for not notifying the medical professionals.
7. The research subjects' attitudes concerning complementary and alternative therapy had a statistical mean of 33.38, Average rating was 3.33( 1-5 degree ) which means relatively positive attitudes.
8. Among the traits of the subjects in this study, age(F:4.066 p:0.020) had no statistically significant difference.
The results of this study, reported above, show that patients with prostate cancer are highly interested in complementary and alternative therapies as well as contemporary medicine. Therefore, we need to collect information on the complementary and alternative therapies that lung cancer patients are using and organize the data in order to provide objective and reliable knowledge of these therapies. While the use of complementary and alternative therapies have helped the patients to be psychologically stable and comfortable, many of them "failed to be confident" in their effectiveness
Therefore, in healthcare providers of complementary and alternative therapies should pay more attention in helping prostate cancer patients understand the use of such methods. when accompanied by collecting and organizing data about the patients, they can provide more reliable information to the patients.
* Key ward: patient of prostate cancer
- Alternative Title
- Experiences and Attitudes of Prostate Cancer Patients toward Receiving Complementary and Alternative Medicine
- Alternative Author(s)
- Joung, Hee A
- 조선대학교 대학원
- 보건대학원 대체의학과
- Awarded Date
- Table Of Contents
- 목 차
목 차 ⅰ
Ⅰ. 서론 1
1. 연구의 필요성 1
2. 암환자의 보완대체 요법 이용추세 3
3. 연구의 목적 4
Ⅱ. 연구방법 5
1. 연구설계 5
2. 연구대상 5
3. 연구도구 5
4. 자료수집 방법 8
5. 자료분석 방법 8
Ⅲ. 연구 결과 9
1. 일반적 특성 9
2. 질환에 대한 특성 11
3. 보완대체요법 이용경험 실태 13
4. 보완대체요법 이용경험 내용 18
5. 보완대체요법의 이용에 대한 의료진의 태도 21
6. 보완대체요법의 대한 태도 22
7. 일반적 특성에 따른 보완대체요법에 대한 태도 23
Ⅳ. 논의 25
Ⅴ. 결론 및 제언 29
부록 (설문지) 33
- 조선대학교 대학원
- 정희아. (2011). 전립선 암환자의 보완대체요법이용경험과 태도.
Appears in Collections:
- Medicine & Parmacy > 3. Theses(Master)
- Authorize & License
- Files in This Item:
Items in Repository are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.