초등학교 교직원의 식습관 및 건강기능식품 이용 실태조사
- Issued Date
- This study examined actual conditions of eating habits as well as use of Health foods and Supplements of elementary school teachers at Chonnam. The purpose of the study was to let the teachers have healthy eating habits and to select Health foods and Supplements correctly and to supply basic material for guide and consultation of dietary life.
The subjects were 550 men and women teachers who worked for elementary schools at Chonnam. The questionnaires were used. The answers of 443 teachers of all of the respondents were used to investigate. SPSS Program was used. And, frequency, multi response analysis and crosstabs, etc were used to process statistical data, and hypothesis test was conducted at p <0.05 of statistical significance level.
The findings were as follow:
1. The subjects consisted of 291 women teachers as well as 152 men teachers: And, the teachers at their forties and fifties occupied 65 percent. Only 55 percent of all of the respondents said that they always took breakfast and remaining 45 percent teachers did not take breakfast because of either no time taking breakfast or long time habit. Half of the respondents took greasy, salty or sweet food and ate too much.
2. 96 percent of the subjects said that both the food and the diseases had relations, and they were much interested in health and thought that they were healthy by themselves. Only 57 percent of the subjects said that they had no disease, so that they thought that the disease was independent from the health. They were suffering from or curing diseases in order of gastroenteric disorder, hypertension, arthritis/rheumatoid arthritis/osteoporosis, and anemia, etc. The subjects got information on health and nutrition through mass communication media, Internet, neighbors and relatives, etc.
3. No smoking and no drinking were statistically significant with use of Health foods and Supplements. The ones who were women at their forties and had high educational background and earned more salary in average took more Health foods and Supplements, and they said that they took Health foods and Supplements to keep health and prevent diseases. Remaining teachers did not take Health foods and Supplements because they could keep health by taking food not to rely upon Health foods and Supplements, and they worried about harmful effects of raw materials of Health foods and Supplements upon human body: They said that Health foods and Supplements seemed to be effective after taking, so that they thought of affirmative effects as well as negative ideas on ingredient.
4. Most of the subjects preferred red ginseng products, nutrition supplement products and ginseng products, etc regardless of experience of taking of Health foods and Supplements, gender, ages and diseases, etc.
5. 88.3 percent of the subject cognized neither difference between health food and Health foods and Supplements, nor legal enforcement of logo and homepage of Health foods and Supplements. The subjects mostly had negative ideas on advertisement and distribution system of manufacturers and distributors, and they said affirmatively that information supply, public relations and education, etc of Health foods and Supplements were required, and they wanted to be given the information directly either on Internet or through their own e-mail, and they wanted educator and counsellor in order of physicians, dietitian, herb doctors and college professors, etc.
In summary, the teachers were much interested in health to take Health foods and Supplements to keep health, and they had negative cognition on safety and ingredient of raw materials of Health foods and Supplements to prefer well-known products regardless of their own disease and health state when selecting Health foods and Supplements. Therefore, the teachers were short of correct cognition and information on Health foods and Supplements, so that they needed public relations and education of Health foods and Supplements.
- Authorize & License
- Files in This Item:
Items in Repository are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.