복합레진 표면의 연마방법에 따른 표면조도
- Issued Date
- Surface roughness of composite resin according to finishing methods
Kong-Chul Cho, D.D.S., M.S.D.
Advisor : Young-Gon Cho, D.D.S., M.S.D., Ph.D.
Department of Dentistry,
Graduate School, Chosun University
The purpose of this study was to evaluate the difference of surface roughness of composite resin according to composite resin type, polishing methods, and use of resin sealant.
Two hundred rectangular specimens, sized 8×3×2mm, were made of Micro-
new (Bisco, Inc., Schaumburg, IL, U.S.A) and Filtek Supreme (3M ESPE Dental Products, St. Paul, MN, U.S.A.), and divided into two groups; Micronew-M group, Filtek Supreme-S group. Specimens for each composite group were subdivided into five groups by finishing and polishing instruments used; M1 & S1 (polyester strip), M2 & S2 (Sof-Lex disc), M3 &S3 (Enhance disc and polishing paste), M4 & S4 (Astropol), and M5 & S5 (finishing bur). Polished groups were added letter B after the application of resin surface sealant (Biscover), eg, M1B and S1B.
After specimens were stored with distilled water for 24 hr, average surface roughness (Ra) was taken using a surface roughness tester. Representative specimens of each group were examined by FE-SEM (S-4700: Hitachi High Technologies Co., Tokyo, Japan ). The data were analysed using paired -test, ANOVA and Duncan,s tests at the 0.05 probability level. The results of this study were as follows;
1. The lowest Ra was achieved in all groups using polyester strip and the highest Ra was achieved in M5, S5 and M5B groups using finishing bur.
On FE-SEM, M1 and S1 groups provided the smoothest surfaces, M5 and S5 groups were presented the roughest surfaces and voids by debonding of filler on the polished specimens.
2. There was no significant difference in Ra between Micronew and Filek Supreme before the application of resin sealant, but Micronew was smoother than Filek Supreme after the application of resin sealant
3. There was significant corelation between Ra of type of composite resin and polishing methods before the application of resin sealant (p=0.000), but no significant interaction between them after the application of resin sealant. On FE-SEM, most of composite resin surfaces were smooth after the application of resin sealant on the polished specimens.
4. Compared with before and after the application of resin sealant in group treated in the same composite and polishing methods, Ra of M4B and M5B was statistically lower than that of M4 and M5, and S5B was lower than
that of S5, respectively (p < 0.05).
In conclusion, surface roughness by polishing instruments was different
according to type of composite resin. Overall, polyester strip produced the
smoothest surface, but finishing bur produced the roughest surface.
Application of resin sealant provided the smooth surfaces in specimens
polished with Enhance, Astropol and finishing bur, but not provided them
in specimens polished with Sof-Lex disc.
- Authorize & License
- Files in This Item:
Items in Repository are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.