Chloral hydrate와 Midazolam의 경구투여시 진정효과에 대한 비교
- Issued Date
- The purpose of present study was to compare the sedative effect of chloral hydrate and oral midazolam treatment. The study was conducted on twenty two child patients who required at least two visits. All the patients showed a good physical status (ASA-Ⅰ). The patient was randomly assigned to receive drug either chloral hydrate 60 mg/kg and hydroxyzine 25 mg (Group Ⅰ) or midazolam 0.5 mg/Kg and hydroxyzine 25 mg (Group Ⅱ) at each visit. Treatment procedures were divided into six stages. In each stage, sleep, crying, movement and overall behavior score were evaluated.
The overall results can be summarized as follows:
1. Success rate was 59.9% in group Ⅰ and was 77.8% in Group Ⅱ.
2. Mean sleep score was 1.81±0.93 in group Ⅰ and was 1.44±0.69 in group Ⅱ(P＜0.05).
3. Through all treatment procedures, no significant difference was observed between group Ⅰ and group Ⅱ in terms of crying, moveme nt and overall behavior score(P＞0.05).
4. There was no significant difference between the sex and the age(P＞0.05).
In regard to above results, oral midazolam considerd to be a valuable drug as sedative agent in pediatric dentistry.
- Authorize & License
- Files in This Item:
Items in Repository are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.