아로마테라피가 중년여성의 수면향상과 우울에 미치는 영향
- Issued Date
Effects of Aromatherapy on Sleep Improvement and Depression in Middle-aged Women
Hwa Young, Jun
Advisor: Prof. Park, Sang-Hag M.D., Ph.D.
Department of Alternative Medicine
Graduate School of Health Science
This study aimed to investigate the effect of aroma therapy on middle-aged women’s sleep improvement and depression and conducted for women who lives in G city from 2014, June 1st to 21st. The reliability of the tool shows Cronbach’s alpha .955 in pre-test and .939 in post. The tool for depression measure was written by the author, which contains 5 questions with its reliability of Cronbach’s alpha .781 in pre and .884 in post. Natural oil used was 45 grams of argan oil, 45 of sweet almond oil, 3 drops of lavender essence, 3 drops of geranium, 4 of cypress essence. With its duration being 20 minutes, the program was conducted 21 times total, which was done 3 weeks of 7 times. The data collected was analyzed by X-square test, t-test and paired t-test, geared with aid of SPSS 23.0/win.
The results are following:
1. Subject’s average time to get to sleep changes from 38.57 minutes to 13.86 in control group, which was insignificant. The experimental group, however, shows significant changes from 36.83 to 14.50.
2. Subject’s average time of sleeping changed from 311.43 minutes to 331.14 minutes in control group, which was insignificant. The experimental group, however, shows significant changes from 326.67 minutes to 362.67 minutes.
3. Subject’s quality of sleep changes from 2.76 in pre-test to 2.86 in the post, which was insignificant. The experimental group, however, shows significant changes from 2.76 to 3.08.
4. Subject’s depression level changes 1.31 in pre-test to 1.28 in post, which was insignificant. The experimental group, however, shows significant changes from 1.40 in pre-test to 1.30 in post.
In conclusion, as aroma therapy affects sleep improvement and depression of middle-aged women, it helps them have enough sleep and relieve stress level. Also, its ability to relieve depression can be valuable to be used in clinic.
- Alternative Title
- Aromatherapy effects on sleep improvement and depression in middle-aged women
- Alternative Author(s)
- jun hwa young
- 보건대학원 대체의학과
- 보건대학원 대체의학과
- Awarded Date
- Table Of Contents
- 목 차
Ⅰ. 서론 1
1. 연구의 필요성 1
2. 연구의 목적 5
Ⅱ. 연구방법 6
1. 설계 및 모형 6
2. 연구대상 및 기간 7
3. 측정도구 7
(1) 잠들 때 걸리는시간 7
(2) 주수면(main sleep) 7
(3) 수면의 질 7
(4) 우울 8
4. 연구절차 및 프로그램 진행방법 8
5. 자료 분석 방법 10
Ⅲ. 결과 및 고찰 11
1. 대상자의 일반적 특성의 동질성 검증 11
2. 실험전 주요변수에 대한 동질성 검증 12
3. 아로마테라피 실시전과 후의 잠드는 시간의 변화 13
4. 아로마테라피 실시전과 후의 주 수면시간의 변화 13
5. 아로마테라피 실시전과 후의 수면질 정도의 변화 14
6. 아로마테라피 실시전과 후의 우울점수의 변화 15
Ⅳ. 논의 16
Ⅴ. 결론 19
부록1 - 대상자 설문 조사 23
부록2 - 우울 양상 24
부록3 - 수면의 질 측정도구 25
표 목 차
Table 1 Aromatherapy program 9
Table 2 Aroma component and main benefits of essential oils 9
Table 3 Homogeneity analysis in general 12
Table 4 Homogeneity analysis between sleep and skin before test 13
Table 5 Comparison of pre and post test related to sleep disturbance 13
Table 6 Comparison of pre and post test related to sleep disturbance 14
Table 7 Comparison of pre and post test related to sleep disturbance 14
Table 8 Comparison of pre and post test related to sleep disturbance 15
Fig. 1. Research design 11
- 전화영. (2014). 아로마테라피가 중년여성의 수면향상과 우울에 미치는 영향.
Appears in Collections:
- Medicine & Parmacy > 3. Theses(Master)
- Authorize & License
- Files in This Item:
Items in Repository are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.