간접 대형 쑥뜸기구의 활용에 관한 연구
- Issued Date
- Moxa cautery has long been used (among the public) due to its widespread efficacy with few side effects, and is still in use for a variety of purposes. However, conventional indirect moxa cautery accompanied with some problems such as smoke from its combustion and ashes which are difficult to clean. On top of these, rampant production of a variety of indirect moxa tool with doubtful effectiveness makes it difficult to come up with a standardized information on moxa cautery by objectively quantifying its efficacy which is not easy to predict. Such circumstances led to the low credibility among the public on the effect of moxa cautery, which is one of the stumbling blocks in moxa cautery popularization. As parts of effects to deal with such problems, this research conducted a survey while referring to a variety of relevant documents. In the survey, 80% of respondents said that their current moxa tools are inconvenient to use. Many of them pointed out smoke, hot temperature problem, and the difficulty of fixing the tool as major sources of inconveniences in using moxa cautery. Among the surveyees, 40% of the senior citizens responded in favor of A-type moxa tool amongst currently sold commercial indirect moxa tools. Therefore, it is necessary to develop a moxa tool which is efficient and has a predictability in its efficacy by benchmarking A-type moxa tool.
Followings are plans designed to facilitate the popularization of moxa cautery
1. Setting up a legal framework to allow and promote the safe use of moxa cautery.
- v -
2. Necessity of conducting an in-depth research into the most favored A-type indirect moxa tool particularly focusing on its form, efficacy, temperature, application time, combustion tendency and the amount of moxa used.
3. Promoting the popularization of moxa cautery by coming up with a moxa tool with an optimal and objective specification and developing a new type of indirect moxa tool with improved convenience and efficiency.
4. System of new moxa tools would lead to the development of electronic moxa tools or other alternatives of such kind, thereby further encouraging the popularization of moxa cautery.
- Authorize & License
- Files in This Item:
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.